How will I know if a seatbelt fits my child as it should?

The USPSTF (U.S. Preventive Services Task Force) recommends for lap-and-shoulder seat belts, the child be at least 8 years old or over 57 inches. However, every state has different regulations, and it would be advisable to check with your local DMV. Children younger than 13 years of age should sit in the back seat with lap-and-shoulder belts.

Continue Learning about Safety & Preparedness

Consumer Alert: Hoverboards Send Dozens to the ER
While hoverboards were one of 2015’s most sought-after gifts, consumer safety experts are warning parents that the two-wheeled, motorized skateboards ...
What is the correct way to wear a seatbelt in the car?
Riverside Health SystemRiverside Health System
The lap (lower) part of the belt should be sitting low and tight across the upper part of your hips....
Could I suffer health risks from eating in my car?
Mother Nature NetworkMother Nature Network
Food, Inc. exposed the many health dangers of the fast-food drive-thru, but a recent study has ident...
Can Dirty Laundry Make My Family Sick?
Can Dirty Laundry Make My Family Sick?