How will I know if a seatbelt fits my child as it should?

The USPSTF (U.S. Preventive Services Task Force) recommends for lap-and-shoulder seat belts, the child be at least 8 years old or over 57 inches. However, every state has different regulations, and it would be advisable to check with your local DMV. Children younger than 13 years of age should sit in the back seat with lap-and-shoulder belts.

Continue Learning about Safety & Preparedness

No, You Shouldn’t Surf in Hurricanes
No, You Shouldn’t Surf in Hurricanes
From the alii of Hawaii nei riding koa boards along the Waikiki break, to athletes competing in big-time events on Oahu’s North Shore, to everyday ent...
Hawaii’s Feral Cats Could Harm Your Health
It’s hard to go anywhere in Hawaii without running into at least one free-roaming cat. These include feral cats, pets allowed to roam, and lost and ab...
How to Stay Safe in Hawaii’s Next Landslide
Landslides are a common and destructive occurrence in all mountainous areas, but the heavy rains, loose rocks and occasional seismic activity make Haw...
What Human Medications Are Harmful to My Pets?