How do I install a car safety seat for my child?

The best way to attach a car safety seat to your car is if your car comes equipped with metal anchors that attach directly to the car seat. (All cars manufactured after 2000 are required to have them.) If not, you need to thread the seat belt through the car seat and pull as tight as you can. Then pull tighter. And even tighter. Get a couple of friends and all pull together. The seat must be rock solid to be fully effective.
YOU: Raising Your Child: The Owner's Manual from First Breath to First Grade

There’s little doubt that parenting can be one of the most rewarding and satisfying experiences you’ll ever have. But it can be plenty tough, too: Around the clock, you’re working to keep your...

Continue Learning about Safety & Preparedness

What’s in Your Tap Water?
What’s in Your Tap Water?
When LeBron starts his gameday around 9 am, he grabs a gallon jug filled with water and aims to finish it before he gets on the bus to head to the are...
How can I make sure my newborn baby is safe when traveling in a car?
HCA VirginiaHCA Virginia
To travel safely in a car with your newborn baby, your baby will need a safety-approved rear-facing ...
What devices can help older people get in and out of a vehicle?
Mercy HealthMercy Health
When it comes to the turning motion needed to get in and out of a vehicle, there are several devices...
What Human Medications Are Harmful to My Pets?