How fresh are baked goods at the supermarket?

When you reach for bagels, muffins, and baguettes from your supermarket bakery, keep in mind that your “fresh loaf” might be up to a year old! Here’s the secret most supermarkets don’t want you to know: Breads are kept in a big freezer in back for months at a time to prevent aging, then thawed out and put on display. Known as “parbaking,” the breads are perfectly safe, but discerning taste buds may notice a difference in flavor!
This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com

Continue Learning about Safety & Preparedness

Hawaii’s Feral Cats Could Harm Your Health
It’s hard to go anywhere in Hawaii without running into at least one free-roaming cat. These include feral cats, pets allowed to roam, and lost and ab...
Why is it important to help workers adjust to working in hot environments?
If you have a business where your employees work in a hot environment, make sure your workers drink ...
How can I keep my child safe in the car?
A child is at a huge risk of severe injury or even death if she is not properly restrained with a ch...
Can Dirty Laundry Make My Family Sick?
Can Dirty Laundry Make My Family Sick?