How common are injuries from fireworks?

Dr. Leigh Vinocur, MD
Emergency Medicine Specialist

It's important to be vigilant when it comes to fireworks displays. According to the American College of Emergency Physicians, each year, about 10,000 firework-related injuries are seen in emergency rooms (ERs) across the country, with half of those being kids.

Continue Learning about Safety & Preparedness

Hawaii’s Feral Cats Could Harm Your Health
It’s hard to go anywhere in Hawaii without running into at least one free-roaming cat. These include feral cats, pets allowed to roam, and lost and ab...
How to Stay Safe in Hawaii’s Next Landslide
Landslides are a common and destructive occurrence in all mountainous areas, but the heavy rains, loose rocks and occasional seismic activity make Haw...
What Human Medications Are Harmful to My Pets?
What Do I Do If I Encounter a Black Widow Spider?