How should I clean my children's toys?

The fluffy toys, like stuffed animals, should be washed in hot water in the washing machine. There are a variety of topical products for cleaning toys that have hard surfaces. Most of these have similar effectiveness. Instructions on some of the more effective products caution about direct contact, but after the agent dries the toy can be used again. Follow the directions on the container. The directions will state whether the product is safe to be used on children's toys and how long after use the child can play with the toy.

Continue Learning about Safety & Preparedness

Do the Grandparents Know Current Child Safety Info?
You know that if your grandkids are coming to stay with you, you’ve got to do some preparation: Buy all their favorite foods (especially those ones to...
Picture This! Selfie Dangers
Picture This! Selfie Dangers
LeBron James (basketball), Shawn White (snowboard) and Caroline Wozniacki (tennis) have one thing in common: They’re notorious selfie-takers. There’s ...
What are some grilling safety tips?
NewYork-Presbyterian HospitalNewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
If you are planning to barbecue: If you're using a propane gas grill, inspect your propane tank a...
How can I help prevent my child from drowning?
You cannot be too vigilant around pools, lakes, oceans and bathtubs. If you have a pool, make sure t...