How do choose a helmet that fits my child?

When you are finding the right size helmet, it should be snug on the head but should not cause a headache by being too tight. The helmet should move only slightly when you try to twist it. Also, it is recommended that you replace the helmet after an impact accident or crash has occurred. (This answer provided for NATA by the California University of Pennsylvania Athletic Training Education Program.)

Continue Learning about Safety & Preparedness

How can I prevent pain while using a computer?
Working at a computer all day can cause eye, neck, and back problems. Find out how to avoid them as ...
How can I keep my family safe around water?
You can keep your family safe through close adult supervision, using life jackets or floating device...
What are the most common summer injuries?
LewisGale Medical CenterLewisGale Medical Center
The injuries that orthopedic practices see in the summer are usually related to being outside. The w...
Tales From the ER: 6 Real Life Halloween Horror Stories
Tales From the ER: 6 Real Life Halloween Horror StoriesTales From the ER: 6 Real Life Halloween Horror StoriesTales From the ER: 6 Real Life Halloween Horror StoriesTales From the ER: 6 Real Life Halloween Horror Stories
An emergency room doctor reveals the most frightening holiday traumas he's ever treated. Your neighbor's Halloween decorations likely won't spook you...