How can avoid I pollution while driving?

One way to avoid pollution while driving is to improve the air in your car. Don't creep up on the slow car in front of you. Half the pollution inside your vehicle comes from the tailpipe just ahead. Avoid following diesel cars or trucks, and—whenever possible—use the carpool lane. Its air is 30 percent to 50 percent cleaner, thanks to no trucks or buses.

Continue Learning about Safety & Preparedness

Ask the Experts: Grains and Gun Safety
Ask the Experts: Grains and Gun Safety
Q: I love rice but I am afraid it’s not so good for me—kind of the white bread of grains, my wife tells me. What’s the real story? —George G., Monroe,...
No, You Shouldn’t Surf in Hurricanes
No, You Shouldn’t Surf in Hurricanes
From the alii of Hawaii nei riding koa boards along the Waikiki break, to athletes competing in big-time events on Oahu’s North Shore, to everyday ent...
Tales From the ER: 6 Real Life Halloween Horror Stories
Tales From the ER: 6 Real Life Halloween Horror StoriesTales From the ER: 6 Real Life Halloween Horror StoriesTales From the ER: 6 Real Life Halloween Horror StoriesTales From the ER: 6 Real Life Halloween Horror Stories
An emergency room doctor reveals the most frightening holiday traumas he's ever treated. Your neighbor's Halloween decorations likely won't spook you...
What Do I Do If I Encounter a Black Widow Spider?