How can avoid I pollution while driving?

One way to avoid pollution while driving is to improve the air in your car. Don't creep up on the slow car in front of you. Half the pollution inside your vehicle comes from the tailpipe just ahead. Avoid following diesel cars or trucks, and—whenever possible—use the carpool lane. Its air is 30 percent to 50 percent cleaner, thanks to no trucks or buses.

Continue Learning about Safety & Preparedness

What to Do About Smoke-Filled Skies
What to Do About Smoke-Filled Skies
Folks from the West and Southwest to the Midwest and beyond are dealing with eye irritation, breathing difficulty and asthma from rampant wildfires th...
How can I stay safe when doing outdoor winter activities?
Be safe during winter recreation. Notify friends and family where you will be before you go hiking, ...
How can I prevent pain while using a computer?
Doctors Hospital of AugustaDoctors Hospital of Augusta
If you’re at a computer all day, you’re at risk for repetitive motion injuries from constantly typin...
Can Dirty Laundry Make My Family Sick?
Can Dirty Laundry Make My Family Sick?