How can I avoid contaminants such as mercury in food?

Eating food that comes from a variety of sources means that you will not accumulate unsafe contaminants, such as mercury. None of us can predict what contamination will occur in the food chain. It isn't only pesticides. Some farm-raised fish have been contaminated, as have native soy and corn crops. The best protection is to vary your food sources: Buy from more than one grocery store, go to more than one fish wholesaler, purchase from different stalls at a farmers' market, and dine out at more than one restaurant.
The RealAge Makeover: Take Years off Your Looks and Add Them to Your Life

Why not live at 60 feeling like you did at 35?Thousands of Americans are younger today than they were five years ago. How is that possible? By following the specific recommendations that reverse...

Continue Learning about Safety & Preparedness

What to Do About Smoke-Filled Skies
What to Do About Smoke-Filled Skies
Folks from the West and Southwest to the Midwest and beyond are dealing with eye irritation, breathing difficulty and asthma from rampant wildfires th...
Is it legal for my child to have a pet turtle?
Since 1975, it has been illegal in the United States to sell or distribute turtles with shells that ...
How can I travel safely during winter?
Be cautious about travel during winter. Here are a few tips: Listen for radio or television repor...
Why is it important to help workers adjust to working in hot environments?
If you have a business where your employees work in a hot environment, make sure your workers drink ...