Has the FDA set a limit for arsenic in bottled water?

The allowable level established by FDA for arsenic in bottled water is 10 micrograms (0.010 milligrams) per liter of water. It is not clear in FDA web posts whether this limit refers to total or inorganic arsenic.

This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com

Continue Learning about Safety & Preparedness

Akamai Beach Safety Tips
Akamai Beach Safety Tips
Kamaaina are already pretty savvy when it comes to staying safe at the beach. Endless precautions are instilled in your subconscious—remain relaxed if...
What are the most common winter injuries?
John Randolph Medical Center - HCA VirginiaJohn Randolph Medical Center - HCA Virginia
The most common winter injuries, like falls and back strains, are related to snow and ice.
How can I prevent pain while using a computer?
Doctors Hospital of AugustaDoctors Hospital of Augusta
If you’re at a computer all day, you’re at risk for repetitive motion injuries from constantly typin...
What Human Medications Are Harmful to My Pets?