Is it dangerous to drive while talking on my cell phone?

The research is undeniable. One out of every 4 car accidents is caused by drivers using cell phones. This epidemic is sweeping the country and only promises to proliferate as a text-happy generation of teenagers takes to the road.

The analysis of brain functionality concludes that using a cell phone while driving acutely slows your reaction time. Whether you’re pocketing a newly-minted license or you’ve been driving for decades, this habit is distracting, dangerous, and potentially deadly.

Continue Learning about Safety & Preparedness

Sepsis and Electric Scooters: Growing Health Concerns
Q: I hear that sepsis is an ever-increasing problem in nursing homes. We have just recently put my mom into a care facility. Do we need to be concerne...
How can I keep my child safe at home?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
To keep your child safe at home, follow these guidelines: Install gates at top and bottom of stai...
What features in a car are important for seniors to adjust for safety?
Mercy HealthMercy Health
Newer vehicles have many features that can be adjusted for safety and convenience that are ideal for...
What signs indicate that I should not be driving?
Dr. Aruna V. Josyula, MDDr. Aruna V. Josyula, MD
Signs indicating that you should not be driving include those listed in the following checklist, cre...