Could I be exposed to inorganic arsenic?

Inorganic arsenic, commonly used in the past in pesticides and still used to treat timber, is considered more toxic than organic forms. The U.S. government put a stop to the use of inorganic arsenical pesticides in the 1980s. However, inorganic arsenic residues still remains in the soil. Plus, Consumer Reports suggests that “other arsenical ingredients in animal feed to prevent disease and promote growth are still permitted,” and inorganic arsenic may lace “fertilizer made from poultry waste.”

This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com

Continue Learning about Safety & Preparedness

What’s in Your Tap Water?
What’s in Your Tap Water?
When LeBron starts his gameday around 9 am, he grabs a gallon jug filled with water and aims to finish it before he gets on the bus to head to the are...
Expert Safety Tips on Playing Sports and Mowing the Lawn
Q: We bought a new house with a nice front and back yard. My husband is excited about cutting the lawn and is off buying a new push mower. I don’t wan...
The Insider’s Guide to Healthy Hawaii: 8 Tips to Bike Ride Safely
Biking is a great way to get around town and avoid traffic while getting a good workout. Thanks to biki, a bike sharing service, it’s easy for anyone ...
Is it okay to flush medications down the toilet?
American Red CrossAmerican Red Cross
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) website maintains a list of some of the medications ...