How do I choose a playground set that is safe for children?

If you decide on installing an at-home playground set, make sure to get one with manufacturer instructions that give you the lowdown on safety and installation. Avoid models with pressure-treated wood, to avoid toxins. There's a lot to look out for, with moving parts, screws, and so forth, so make sure that you have all safety checks in place.
YOU: Raising Your Child: The Owner's Manual from First Breath to First Grade

There’s little doubt that parenting can be one of the most rewarding and satisfying experiences you’ll ever have. But it can be plenty tough, too: Around the clock, you’re working to keep your...

Continue Learning about Safety & Preparedness

Do the Grandparents Know Current Child Safety Info?
You know that if your grandkids are coming to stay with you, you’ve got to do some preparation: Buy all their favorite foods (especially those ones to...
What is stalking?
Deborah Serani, PsyDDeborah Serani, PsyD
Stalking is the willful, malicious and repeated following and harassing of another person. It ca...
How can I stay safe and healthy if I'm traveling abroad for spring break?
If you are traveling outside the United States for spring break, it's a good idea to see your doctor...
What Human Medications Are Harmful to My Pets?