Can I use a damaged helmet or brace?

If you use a helmet or brace that is faulty or broken, you run the risk of causing further injury beyond what the protective equipment is meant to protect against. Not only can the equipment not perform its intended action, but you can also injure yourself or others around you. (This answer provided for NATA by the Saint Louis University Athletic Training Education Program.)

Continue Learning about Safety & Preparedness

How can employees adjust to working in hot environments?
Acclimatizing employees to hot environments requires following a plan: New workers, and workers r...
How can employers prevent heat-related illnesses among their workers?
Employers should check on employees working in hot environments throughout their shift to make sure ...
What features in a car are important for seniors to adjust for safety?
Mercy HealthMercy Health
Newer vehicles have many features that can be adjusted for safety and convenience that are ideal for...
What Human Medications Are Harmful to My Pets?