Why should I keep a journal of my training runs?

A journal of your training run, including detailed workout logs and periodic goals, can keep you from overuse running injuries. Keeping a journal of how you did and how you felt during your long training runs can help you determine if a trip to the doctor is necessary.

For example, you may notice during one weekend run that your knees started aching. If the ache worsens, you then have a precise record to share with your doctor regarding the start and duration of the pain. Monitoring progress and setting realistic goals are important tools for keeping the proper training pace and avoiding common injuries.

Continue Learning about Running

Go Fast, See Better
Go Fast, See Better
You could turn that daily walk into eye protection just by adding a few minutes of jogging each day. Research shows that a little vigorous exercise c...
How can I tell if I'm running at the right pace?
Chippenham Hospital - HCA VirginiaChippenham Hospital - HCA Virginia
To tell if you're running at the right pace, try to run once a week without a watch and just listen ...
What is the main goal of the recovery phase after running a race?
The main goal of the recovery phase after running a race is to let your body recover. Allow your bod...
How to Heal Shin Splints
How to Heal Shin Splints