What should I do if my running partner slows me down?

You can either find a faster running partner, run by yourself, slow down to stay with your partner, or do all of the above. If you do all of the above, schedule runs with your slower partner that you know you will be using as slower paced, or rest days. Your self-paced runs can be your maintenance runs, and those with a faster partner can be your tough days.

I never suggest finding a new running partner. You can be a great motivator to your friend by becoming more fit, which it seems like you are. You will both benefit by keeping up your routine.

Continue Learning about Running

How to Heal Shin Splints
How to Heal Shin Splints
What Is the Most Common Injury in Runners?
Why Might I Have Pain In My Back When I Am Running?
How Can Runners Prevent Injury?
How Can Runners Prevent Injury?