What is the most common injury in runners?

Fred C. Redfern, MD
Orthopedic Surgery
Common injuries in runners are shin splints, stress fractures, plantar fasciitis and Achilles tendonitis, says Fred Redfern, MD, an orthopedic surgeon at Sunrise Hospital. In this video, he describes other common running injuries.

Continue Learning about Running

Run . . . for Your Life!
Run . . . for Your Life!
Starting a regular running habit could mean a longer -- and more comfortable -- life. After a 20-year study involving close to 1,000 middle-aged adul...
Why might I have pain in my back when I am running?
Back pain is not common during running and should not be experienced. Many athletes, runners especia...
Why is it important to rest after running a race?
Chippenham Hospital - HCA VirginiaChippenham Hospital - HCA Virginia
Recovering from a race is an important aspect of a training plan and yet is often overlooked or negl...
What Is the Most Common Injury in Runners?