What should I look for in a training program for running?

There are many different types of training plans for running. Whether you're a beginner or an elite runner looking to shave precious seconds from your personal record, make sure to choose a training plan that fits your goals and available time.

To find a suitable plan, look online or talk with a friend with running experience. Seek a program including a variety of distances, times and paces. Mix up your route, so you don’t become bored.

Running with a program is important, but basic preparatory warm-ups, exercises and stretching are also key components to a successful injury-free training plan.

Continue Learning about Running

Go Fast, See Better
Go Fast, See Better
You could turn that daily walk into eye protection just by adding a few minutes of jogging each day. Research shows that a little vigorous exercise c...
How can I help my body recover from a marathon?
The toll a marathon takes on one’s body differs depending on the individual. There is a good dea...
How much do I need to run to get healthy?
Thomas Plut, DOThomas Plut, DO
It may not matter how much you run in order to derive health benefits from running. A study of more ...
Walking vs. Running: Which Burns More Calories?