What is a marathon?

A marathon is a race that covers a distance of 26 miles and 385 yards, and is run by men and women of all ages. Most major cities have an official marathon, and it’s also a competitive and Olympic sport. Many marathons are held to benefit charities, which is a draw for many first-timers. The Boston Marathon is among the most famous footraces in the U.S., and despite the terrorist attacks in 2013, this is still one of the most popular athletic events in the world.

Continue Learning about Running

Is running in place as effective as running on a treadmill?
No, while running in place is better than nothing at all and is a good warm up technique it does not...
How can tapering improve my running?
Chippenham Hospital - HCA VirginiaChippenham Hospital - HCA Virginia
Taper, as in running less? That cannot be right. Tapering is just another word for resting, right? ...
What is a taper in race training?
Ellen CharnleyEllen Charnley
The taper is a period just prior to a race that consists of a reduced training load so as to all...
How can I start running longer races if I'm currently running 5Ks?
A 10K is a logical next step from a 5K, a good bridge towards longer races and a wonderful way to ge...