Should I run indoors or outdoors?

Both indoor and outdoor running can be beneficial. Running indoors will most likely have less obstacles because you will most likely be running on a treadmill. Running outside can provide greater challenges from an intensity and stabilization standpoint. Outdoors, the surface you run on will change during your run as you alternate between pavement, grass and dirt. Some individuals prefer to run outdoors because the change in scenery provides motivation. In the end, both are beneficial and it is much more important that you fit in the physical activity. When trying to decide, choose the option that will give you greater enjoyment.

Continue Learning about Running

Go Fast, See Better
Go Fast, See Better
You could turn that daily walk into eye protection just by adding a few minutes of jogging each day. Research shows that a little vigorous exercise c...
What should I do to prepare for a 5K run?
Running a 5k is great. Building up to the 5k can be nice and smooth no matter if you are an experien...
Why do my legs hurt after I run but not after I walk?
Ozgen DoganOzgen Dogan
Running is a high-level exercise that causes lactic acid to collect in the muscles and feel pain...
Walking vs. Running: Which Burns More Calories?