How can multi throws help a sprinter or hurdler with strength and power?

Multi throws are a variety of two-handed shot put throws that are used to strengthen core muscles and improve total-body muscle recruitment and explosiveness. Multi throws are the best way to functionally train core muscles because four of the main throws require the shot put (or weighted ball) to be thrown from a 45-degree angle across the body with a twist. One optimum way to train core muscles is at that exact angle, with a twist, which happen with the hammer hip front throws and hammer hip back throws. Multi throws also teach the nervous system the correct sequence of muscle firing patterns needed to react properly off the starting line. When sprinters and hurdlers react to a stimulus, such as a starting gun, there is total-body muscle recruitment while the legs apply force into the ground and the arms are lifted away from the ground simultaneously. The overhead backwards throw and the between the legs forward throw, teach, reinforce, and develop the exact power and strength movements that are needed on the track.   

Continue Learning about Running

Go Fast, See Better
Go Fast, See Better
You could turn that daily walk into eye protection just by adding a few minutes of jogging each day. Research shows that a little vigorous exercise c...
Why Might I Have Pain In My Back When I Am Running?
What Is the Most Common Injury in Runners?
How Do I Perform a 40 Yd Sprint?
How Do I Perform a 40 Yd Sprint?