How can I tell if I'm running at the right pace?

To tell if you're running at the right pace, try to run once a week without a watch and just listen to your body. People become very focused on pace and metrics, and easily forget that the most important indicator of how they’re doing is how they feel. If you feel great -- pick it up and go for it. If you feel tired or tight, use that run to focus on relaxing your stride and loosening your muscles.

You can also run your first mile, or first few minutes, at a slower pace before you ramp up to your goal pace. Although you should be comfortable with your pace during training, don’t fear picking it up and pushing yourself.

Continue Learning about Running