How can knowing my sweat rate help me stay hydrated during a marathon?

Knowing your sweat rate can help you stay hydrated during a marathon because you can better evaluate how much you need to drink. Long-distance runners need to take extra care in staying properly hydrated during all phases of training, as well as during the event itself, particularly in hot and humid weather.

Your “sweat rate” is based on the amount of liquid your body loses after an hour of exercise. By calculating your sweat rate, you can better evaluate how much you should drink to replace lost fluid and help avoid injuries.

Continue Learning about Running