Is heart rate training important for a marathon?

Heart rate training is useful for any sport because it will provide feedback on the intensity of the training session.  This gauge of intensity will help determine the demands that you put yourself through when training for a marathon.

Continue Learning about Running

How can listening to my body help avoid injuries when running?
If you want to make running easier, listen to your body. If you feel any ongoing persistent pain, st...
What are the benefits of running?
Eric OlsenEric Olsen
Jogging or running (the difference seems to be in the eye of the beholder) offer most of the same ad...
How can I prevent running injuries?
Many of the common injuries seen in runners can be prevented with a proper corrective exercise and f...
What is the best and most realistic way to begin running?
Todd Townes - Sharecare Fitness ExpertTodd Townes - Sharecare Fitness Expert
As with any exercise program, start with realistic goal and understand that this truly is a marathon...