What is a good hip stretch for rugby players?

The supine piriformis stretch is a good stretch for a rugby player’s hips. To perform this stretch, lie on your back and cross one leg over the other (just above the knee) - forming a figure 4-like shape. Pull your bottom leg toward your chest and grab that thigh. To intensify the stretch, push on the opposite knee forming the figure 4. Hold the stretch for 30 seconds.

Continue Learning about Rugby

Will a scrum cap prevent concussions in rugby?
National Athletic Trainers' AssociationNational Athletic Trainers' Association
The function of the scrum cap is to protect the face, scalp, and ears from cuts and bruises. It ...
What are some exercises to strengthen my core as a rugby player?
As a rugby player, having a strong, properly functioning core is paramount. First, you must develop ...
How much should I train during the rugby pre-season?
When you enter the rugby pre-season, your training focus will change. Practice is typically very int...
What is the best way to approach my upper-body strength for rugby?
When addressing upper-body strength for rugby, you want to make sure you maintain a good balance bet...