What is a good hamstring stretch for rugby players?

A great hamstring stretch is the bicep femoris stretch. This stretches the outer part of your hamstrings. Start by lying with your back on the ground and both legs extended. For the leg to be stretched, flex your hip so your thigh is perpendicular to the ground. Take both hands and grab the outside of your thigh. Use your hands to rotate your thigh inward and pull it across your body. Now extend your leg while continuing to rotate and pull your thigh across. Your toe should be pointing toward your opposite shoulder when done correctly. To increase the stretch, pull your toes toward your shin. Hold this stretch for at least 30 seconds and repeat with the other leg. It is important that you keep your hips level and flat on the ground. Be gentle while performing this stretch and work slowly to increase the range of motion. You should just feel a slight stretch. Remember to breathe and stay calm when stretching.

Continue Learning about Rugby

How can I improve my cardio for rugby while also trying to add bulk?
The goal of rugby conditioning should be to keep it short and high-intensity. Your endurance wil...
How can I improve my acceleration for rugby?
As a rugby athlete, the ability to accelerate quickly can create scoring opportunities. A great ...
What is a good multi-directional agility drill for rugby athletes?
As a rugby player you have to be able to react and move quickly in all directions. A great drill...
How do I make my first step more explosive for rugby?
A great plyometric exercise for developing the power of your first step is the box depth jump to...