I have rugby practice six times per week, what should I do on my off day?

Physically and mentally take advantage of your day off.  Your body needs this time to recharge and take a well-earned break. Be sure to get a handful of nutritious meals in your system and drink plenty of fluid. It is alright if you want to spend 10-20 minutes foam rolling and stretching, just keep it light and slow. Try to do something fun, and take your mind away from the sport for a day. 

Continue Learning about Rugby

What type of conditioning should rugby athletes do to get in shape?
When conditioning for the sport of rugby, try to mimic the physical demands of a rugby game into you...
How is a rugby player's lower-body power tested?
One quick and simple exercise you can do to test a rugby player's lower-body power is the vertical j...
How should I warm-up for a rugby game?
Warming-up before a game should only be slightly modified compared to daily rugby practice and train...
Should I complete sprints or long distance runs to get ready for rugby?
Rugby is a multi-directional sport that requires athletes to accelerate, decelerate, and change dire...