How can I best stretch my hip flexors for rugby?

Having tight hip flexors can cause many complications if not properly addressed. One good stretch for the hip flexors is the kneeling hip flexor stretch. To perform this stretch, start by kneeling on one knee with the other in a 90-degree position. Tuck your pelvis under and squeeze the gluteal of the back leg. Hold this position and lean forward slightly. Maintain the stretch for at least 30 seconds to allow your muscles time to relax and elongate.

Continue Learning about Rugby

Should I complete sprints or long distance runs to get ready for rugby?
Rugby is a multi-directional sport that requires athletes to accelerate, decelerate, and change dire...
Should off-season training be different if playing rugby and another sport?
Yes, your off-season training should be altered to help meet your needs as a multi-sport athlete...
How is a rugby player's lower-body power tested?
One quick and simple exercise you can do to test a rugby player's lower-body power is the vertical j...
What can I do in rugby training to help me recover faster between bursts?
To decrease your recovery time, you should add similar game demands into your conditioning training....