Are there any good ways to loosen up my calves for rugby?

Foam roll and stretch to help loosen up your calves and help them recover in between rugby practices. You should foam roll your calves and the bottoms of both feet. When foam rolling your calf, find a tender spot and keep the roll on that spot for 30 seconds. Add as much pressure as can be tolerated. After foam rolling your calves, immediately stretch each for at least 30 seconds.

Continue Learning about Rugby

How is a rugby player's lower-body power tested?
One quick and simple exercise you can do to test a rugby player's lower-body power is the vertical j...
What can I do to prevent or alleviate shin splints during rugby?
The vast amount of running required for conditioning in rugby can lead to the development of shin sp...
How often should injury prevention be included in a rugby workout?
You should include some form of injury prevention and/or corrective exercise in every workout.  It i...
How do I strengthen my ankles for rugby?
Strong and stable ankles aid in avoiding a severe sprain during the rugby season. One easy way t...