Should I do any training the day before a rugby game?

You can, but make sure you don't overdo it. Keep the volume of your workout low, use light weights, and perform higer repetitions. Focus on flexibility and stability and not lifting heavy loads or explosive movements. This will ensure you don't over-exert yourself, and you have plenty of energy that can go toward the game and not repairing tissue you may have damaged the workout before the game. High-intensity workouts can lead to muscle soreness which can affect your performance, so only perform light volume workout.

Continue Learning about Rugby

I have rugby practice six times per week, what should I do on my off day?
Physically and mentally take advantage of your day off.  Your body needs this time to recharge a...
Should all rugby players train the same way for cardio?
When designing energy-system based intervals, look at the demands of each player.  By looking at...
How do I strengthen my ankles for rugby?
Strong and stable ankles aid in avoiding a severe sprain during the rugby season. One easy way t...
What can I do to prevent or alleviate shin splints during rugby?
The vast amount of running required for conditioning in rugby can lead to the development of shin sp...