Will scrubbing rosacea skin remove the rash and bumps?

Scrubbing skin will not remove the redness and pimples of rosacea and could make them worse. Gentle cleansing is best for skin with rosacea. Wet skin with lukewarm water and use fingertips to apply soap or a non-soap cleanser formulated for sensitive skin. Usually these cleansers have a neutral pH (acid balance), close to skin’s own pH, and don’t have ingredients such as fragrances that may irritate skin. Rinse gently with lukewarm water and pat dry with a soft towel.

Continue Learning about Rosacea

Are rosacea outbreaks always on the face?
The face is where rosacea outbreaks most commonly occur. But it's not the only part of the body ...
What should I know about erythematotelangiectatic rosacea?
The first thing to know about erythematotelangiectatic rosacea is that it is a very common condition...
What cosmetics are best for people with rosacea?
In general, people with rosacea want to avoid emulsifiers where possible, as any additional oil and ...
Why does rosacea dry out my skin?
Patricia Farris, MDPatricia Farris, MD
Many patients with rosacea complain of dry, sensitive skin. Although we don't fully understand why p...