Why is my rosacea worse in the summer and winter?

Extreme temperatures are a common trigger for rosacea. The hot weather during the summer increases blood flow to your skin and causes your sweat glands to work harder, both of which can exacerbate your symptoms. Cold weather has a similar effect as well. Your symptoms will be much easier to manage when temperatures are moderate. Talk to your doctor about ways to more effectively treat your rosacea during the summer and the winter.

Continue Learning about Rosacea

How can I keep exercise from irritating my skin if I have rosacea?
YouBeautyYouBeauty
Leslie Baumann, MD, dermatologist and author, has a word of advice for women what she describes as “...
Which blush is best for people with rosacea?
Dermatologists recommend that people with rosacea avoid unnecessary emulsifiers that could inadverte...
What Aggravates Rosacea?
What Aggravates Rosacea?
How Is Rosacea Related to Digestive Health?