What should I know about phymatous rosacea?

Phymatous rosacea is a relatively rare but serious skin disorder that requires medical attention. Treatment options are available that can help your symptoms, but early diagnosis and appropriate treatment are key to managing this skin condition.

Symptoms of phymatous rosacea (also called rhinophyma) include a bulb-like shape to the nose and a nose that looks red or waxy. If you have symptoms of phymatous rosacea, see your doctor or dermatologist. This is a condition that may require surgery. Your doctor or dermatologist can diagnose your condition and explain your treatment options.

Continue Learning about Rosacea

Which blush is best for people with rosacea?
Patricia Farris, MDPatricia Farris, MD
I recommend sunscreens containing micronized forms of titanium dioxide or zinc oxide for patients wi...
Is it common for rosacea to affect the eye area?
Ocular rosacea occurs in about half of those diagnosed with rosacea. It tends to cause a burning sen...
How Is Rosacea Related to Digestive Health?
What Aggravates Rosacea?
What Aggravates Rosacea?