What are some remedies to reduce the inflammation of rosacea outbreaks?

There are many treatments that can reduce inflammation caused by rosacea flares. Topical medications that reduce inflammation in people with rosacea include azelaic acid, metronidazole, topical retinoids, and sodium sulfacetamide and sulfur, according to the American Academy of Dermatology. Some oral medications, including some antibiotics, also have anti-inflammatory effects on the skin of people with rosacea. Avoiding rosacea triggers -- such as sunlight, heat, cold, and alcoholic beverages -- can also help prevent further inflammation from occurring.

Continue Learning about Rosacea

How is rosacea related to digestive health?
Cybele Fishman, MDCybele Fishman, MD
It was recently discovered that when certain types of intestinal disorders were treated, rosacea sym...
Which cleansers are better for my skin if I have rosacea?
People with rosacea can have increased skin sensitivity or even allergic reactions to certain produc...
Is it common for rosacea to affect the eye area?
Ocular rosacea occurs in about half of those diagnosed with rosacea. It tends to cause a burning sen...
How Is Rosacea Related to Digestive Health?