What are the most common triggers for rosacea?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD
There are several factors that can trigger your rosacea. Basically, anything that causes blood to rush to your skin can make the condition worse. Some of the most common triggers are exposure to sunlight, spicy foods, and alcohol. Others include extremely hot or cold temperatures, stress, and hot drinks. If you are able to identify triggers for your rosacea, you might be able to prevent symptoms by avoiding them.

Continue Learning about Rosacea

Should I speak to my doctor about my erythematotelangiectatic rosacea?
If you believe that you have erythematotelangiectatic rosacea, you should speak with your doctor...
Is rosacea similar to acne or sunburn?
Rosacea may look like acne or a sunburn in some ways, but it's a distinct skin condition. A mild...
Can skin rosacea lead to ocular rosacea?
If you have skin rosacea, you may have a chance of developing ocular rosacea. Watch for symptoms suc...
What Is Rosacea?
What Is Rosacea?