What should I know about using sunscreen if I have phymatous rosacea?

If you have phymatous rosacea, you should be especially careful to use sunscreen every day. Sun exposure is one of the top triggers for rosacea flare-ups, and careful use of sunscreen can reduce your risk. Sunscreen can also help protect your skin from the severe redness and visible blood vessels that can occur with any form of rosacea.

If you have phymatous rosacea, a sunscreen that is designed for sensitive skin may be your best option. You need to protect your skin from both types of sun rays that can damage your skin, UVA and UVB. Your doctor or dermatologist can help choose a sunscreen that is best for your skin as part of your overall treatment plan.

Continue Learning about Rosacea

What Cosmetics Are Best for People with Rosacea?
How Is Rosacea Treated?
How Is Rosacea Treated?
What Is Rosacea?
What Is Rosacea?
What Aggravates Rosacea?
What Aggravates Rosacea?