What should I know about using sunscreen if I have phymatous rosacea?

If you have phymatous rosacea, you should be especially careful to use sunscreen every day. Sun exposure is one of the top triggers for rosacea flare-ups, and careful use of sunscreen can reduce your risk. Sunscreen can also help protect your skin from the severe redness and visible blood vessels that can occur with any form of rosacea.

If you have phymatous rosacea, a sunscreen that is designed for sensitive skin may be your best option. You need to protect your skin from both types of sun rays that can damage your skin, UVA and UVB. Your doctor or dermatologist can help choose a sunscreen that is best for your skin as part of your overall treatment plan.

Continue Learning about Rosacea

How can early diagnosis and treatment help control rosacea?
If you suspect you might have rosacea, see a doctor soon. The earlier this condition is diagnose...
Is rosacea the same as acne?
Rosacea and acne are both common skin conditions, but they are not the same. In acne, infected o...
Which Sunscreen Is Best for People with Rosacea?
What Cosmetics Are Best for People with Rosacea?