What is progressive rosacea?

Progressive rosacea describes a form of this condition in which symptoms persist, worsen, and become permanent, rather than having periods of flare-ups followed by periods of no symptoms, as in cyclic rosacea.

Continue Learning about Rosacea

Is it common for rosacea to affect the eye area?
Ocular rosacea occurs in about half of those diagnosed with rosacea. It tends to cause a burning sen...
How should I moisturize my skin if I have rosacea?
Patricia Farris, MDPatricia Farris, MD
Patients with rosacea should use light bland moisturizers that are fragrance free. Bland moisturizer...
Why is rosacea particularly active in the winter months?
Winter weather can trigger rosacea flares in many people. In a recent survey, more than a third of...
Does rosacea cause pimples and blackheads?
Rosacea is an acne-like skin condition that causes redness, pimples, and pustules, but it does not...