What is combination therapy to treat rosacea?

Combination therapy for rosacea means using more than one type of treatment at the same time to maximize benefits. For example, a doctor may use a glycolic acid peel while a person is also taking oral antibiotics to hasten the control of rosacea. Topical medications, such as azelaic acid or benzoyl peroxide, may be prescribed in addition to oral antibiotics. Lifestyle changes – such as daily use of sunscreen, gently cleansing instead of scrubbing skin, and avoiding hot beverages or spicy foods – are often also recommended along with prescription medications in controlling rosacea.

Continue Learning about Rosacea

What are the types of rosacea?
Dr. Doris Day, MDDr. Doris Day, MD
There are four types of rosacea. The mildest type simply consists of occasional redness of the face,...
Which mascara is best for people with rosacea?
Black mascara is recommended for use by people with rosacea, because the risk of irritation from pot...
Should I speak to my doctor about my erythematotelangiectatic rosacea?
If you believe that you have erythematotelangiectatic rosacea, you should speak with your doctor...
Are rosacea outbreaks always on the face?
The face is where rosacea outbreaks most commonly occur. But it's not the only part of the body ...