What should I avoid if I have phymatous rosacea?

The first step in understanding what to avoid with phymatous rosacea is to see your doctor or dermatologist. Especially with a more severe form of rosacea such as phymatous rosacea, early diagnosis and treatment will help.

Your doctor or dermatologist can explain what may trigger flare-ups. Sunlight, stress, or certain foods are some common triggers, but each person's situation is different.

Good skin care is an important step in living with any type of rosacea and keeping it under control. You will need to follow a rosacea skin care plan in addition to avoiding those things that can trigger a flare-up. Talk to your doctor or dermatologist about a skin care plan that will work for you.

Continue Learning about Rosacea

Does rosacea cause pimples and blackheads?
Rosacea is an acne-like skin condition that causes redness, pimples, and pustules, but it does not...
How can I keep exercise from irritating my skin if I have rosacea?
YouBeautyYouBeauty
Leslie Baumann, MD, dermatologist and author, has a word of advice for women what she describes as “...
What Is Rosacea?
What Is Rosacea?
How Is Rosacea Related to Digestive Health?