Should I speak to my doctor about my erythematotelangiectatic rosacea?

Dr. Mehmet Oz, MD
Cardiology (Cardiovascular Disease)
If you believe that you have erythematotelangiectatic rosacea, you should speak with your doctor or dermatologist as soon as possible. Early treatment and control of the condition will keep it from developing into a more permanent, painful, or bothersome disease.

Experts recommend talking to a dermatologist if you:
  • have persistent redness in your face, especially if it appears to be spreading outward
  • get flushed after eating spicy food or hot drinks or being in hot or cold weather
  • blush easily
  • are sensitive to chemicals on your face
  • have visible veins or red bumps that are not pimples on your face

Continue Learning about Rosacea

Can erythematotelangiectatic rosacea be a symptom of another condition?
Dr. Mehmet Oz, MDDr. Mehmet Oz, MD
The cause of erythematotelangiectatic rosacea is not yet known, so it's not possible to say whet...
More Answers
How is rosacea related to digestive health?
Cybele Fishman, MDCybele Fishman, MD
It was recently discovered that when certain types of intestinal disorders were treated, rosacea sym...
More Answers
How Is Rosacea Treated?
How Is Rosacea Treated?
How Is Rosacea Related to Digestive Health?
How Is Rosacea Related to Digestive Health?

Important: This content reflects information from various individuals and organizations and may offer alternative or opposing points of view. It should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. As always, you should consult with your healthcare provider about your specific health needs.