What are personal rosacea triggers?

A personal rosacea trigger is something that causes rosacea symptoms to flare. Many people with rosacea find that exposure to the hot sun, emotional stress, warm or humid weather, and heavy exercise can trigger rosacea flares. However, your personal rosacea trigger may be different. For example, you may find that red wine causes your rosacea to flare up. Other common rosacea triggers include hot baths, temperature extremes, spicy foods, alcohol, and coffee.

It is helpful to keep a daily journal and write down your personal rosacea triggers. Once you understand the triggers that cause your condition to flare, you can avoid these and better manage your rosacea symptoms.

Continue Learning about Rosacea

Is rosacea similar to acne or sunburn?
Rosacea may look like acne or a sunburn in some ways, but it's a distinct skin condition. A mild...
How should I moisturize my skin if I have rosacea?
Patricia Farris, MDPatricia Farris, MD
Patients with rosacea should use light bland moisturizers that are fragrance free. Bland moisturizer...
What Is Rosacea?
What Is Rosacea?
What Cosmetics Are Best for People with Rosacea?