Is it common for rosacea to affect the eye area?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

Ocular rosacea occurs in about half of those diagnosed with rosacea. It tends to cause a burning sensation and may make you feel like you have sand in your eyes. It can cause blurred vision and an increased sensitivity to light. Though rare, ocular rosacea that develops in children can damage eyesight if it is left untreated. However, the condition can be treated with antibiotics and steroid eye drops and if you catch it soon enough, it shouldn't cause any permanent damage.

Continue Learning about Rosacea

How do other illnesses affect rosacea?
Other illnesses don't have much of an affect on rosacea. However, rosacea can lead to a condition ca...
Should I speak to my doctor about my erythematotelangiectatic rosacea?
If you believe that you have erythematotelangiectatic rosacea, you should speak with your doctor...
Which Sunscreen Is Best for People with Rosacea?
How Is Rosacea Related to Digestive Health?