How can wearing sunscreen help to manage rosacea?

For most people with rosacea, wearing sunscreen helps their skin. Sun exposure is the most common trigger for rosacea symptoms, according to a survey by the National Rosacea Society. Look for a broad-spectrum sunscreen (one that screens both ultraviolet A and B rays) with a sun protection factor (SPF) of 15 or higher. If possible, try to find one formulated for sensitive skin, and apply it daily. 

Continue Learning about Rosacea

Are rosacea flare-ups seasonal?
Rosacea can worsen or improve with the seasons. In a recent survey, 85% of people with rosacea sai...
How should I moisturize my skin if I have rosacea?
Moisturizing is especially important for people with rosacea. Rosacea damages the skin's ability to ...
Which Sunscreen Is Best for People with Rosacea?
What Aggravates Rosacea?
What Aggravates Rosacea?