How should I manage erythematotelangiectatic rosacea?

Since there are not that many medical treatment options for erythematotelangiectatic rosacea, experts say that the power to manage the condition lies with you.

One of the first things dermatologists often recommend is keeping a rosacea diary to track things that worsen your condition. Common triggers include sun exposure, emotional stress, heat, wind, alcohol, irritants in skin-care products, medications, and spicy foods. By noticing what causes your rosacea to worsen, you can learn how to avoid or manage triggers to minimize flare-ups.

Also essential is using a gentle cleanser and moisturizer daily and using sunscreen before you go out in the sun. Your dermatologist can recommend specific products that will work best for your skin. In general, experts say that when it comes to rosacea, the fewer products you use, the better.

Continue Learning about Rosacea

Why is my rosacea worse in the summer and winter?
Extreme temperatures are a common trigger for rosacea. The hot weather during the summer increases b...
What is telangiectasia with relation to rosacea?
Telangiectasia is the term used to describe visible blood vessels beneath your skin. It is commonly ...
What Cosmetics Are Best for People with Rosacea?
How Is Rosacea Related to Digestive Health?