How can a hot sauna affect my rosacea?

A hot sauna can worsen rosacea, and so can very hot baths and showers too, by increasing blood vessel dilation in the skin. Protect your skin by avoiding temperature extremes. To cool down your skin quickly, the American Academy of Dermatology recommends keeping your moisturizer in the refrigerator before you apply it, or draping a cool towel around your neck. 

Continue Learning about Rosacea

Why is my rosacea worse in the summer and winter?
Extreme temperatures are a common trigger for rosacea. The hot weather during the summer increases b...
How common is rosacea?
According to the National Rosacea Society, around 16 million people in the Unites States suffer from...
What Is Rosacea?
What Is Rosacea?
Which Sunscreen Is Best for People with Rosacea?