How common is rosacea?

According to the National Rosacea Society, more than 16 million Americans have rosacea, but most of them don't know it. It is most common in fair-skinned women between ages 30 and 50, although it can occur in all races.
Rosacea is more common than you might think. Surveys show that many people are unaware of this skin condition. However, about 14 million Americans have rosacea, according to the American Academy of Dermatology. For perspective, that's nearly twice the number of people who have a somewhat better-known skin disease, psoriasis.

According to the National Rosacea Society, around 16 million people in the Unites States suffer from rosacea. It is much more prevalent in light skinned people and women tend to be affected more than men, especially during menopause. It's also important to note that about half of all people who have rosacea also develop ocular rosacea, which causes a burning or rough sensation in your eyes.

Continue Learning about Rosacea

What should I know about erythematotelangiectatic rosacea?
The first thing to know about erythematotelangiectatic rosacea is that it is a very common condition...
Should I speak to my doctor about my erythematotelangiectatic rosacea?
If you believe that you have erythematotelangiectatic rosacea, you should speak with your doctor...
How Is Rosacea Related to Digestive Health?
How Is Rosacea Treated?
How Is Rosacea Treated?