How common is erythematotelangiectatic rosacea?

According to the National Rosacea Society, some 16 million people in the United States have rosacea. Many of them have the mildest type of this skin condition—erythematotelangiectatic rosacea.

Erythematotelangiectatic rosacea causes flushing, redness and, sometimes, visible blood vessels on the face. Without proper treatment it is possible that this type of rosacea could progress to other subtypes of rosacea, which can be more damaging to the face. So experts recommend getting a good diagnosis and a treatment or management plan from your doctor.

Continue Learning about Rosacea

How should I moisturize my skin if I have rosacea?
Patricia Farris, MDPatricia Farris, MD
Patients with rosacea should use light bland moisturizers that are fragrance free. Bland moisturizer...
How common is rosacea?
According to the National Rosacea Society, around 16 million people in the Unites States suffer from...
What Is Rosacea?
What Is Rosacea?
How Is Rosacea Treated?
How Is Rosacea Treated?