How should I cleanse my skin if I have erythematotelangiectatic rosacea?

If you have erythematotelangiectatic rosacea, experts recommend that you use gentle cleansers as free of potential irritants as possible. Common rosacea irritants include alcohol, witch hazel, menthol, peppermint, eucalyptus oil, clove oil, and salicylic acid. One approach dermatologists recommend is to look for cleansers made for sensitive skin or those that are specifically marketed for people with rosacea. Often a non-soap cleanser and products without fragrance are good choices.

Experts also recommend using only your fingertips to cleanse your skin instead of using a washcloth. Rinse with lukewarm water and gently pat your face dry. After washing, wait until your skin dries fully before applying any moisturizer or medication.

Continue Learning about Rosacea

Can rosacea be confused with acne?
Pimples are one of the most common symptoms associated with rosacea and as a result, the disorder ca...
Are rosacea outbreaks always on the face?
The face is where rosacea outbreaks most commonly occur. But it's not the only part of the body ...
What Are the Symptoms of Rosacea?
What Are the Symptoms of Rosacea?
What Is Rosacea?
What Is Rosacea?