How can I control my rosacea?

You can control rosacea and reduce the frequency of flare-ups by following some basic steps:
  • Practice good personal hygiene. Keeping your skin clean is important, but avoid scrubbing your face hard and using products containing alcohol and other irritants, which can worsen rosacea.
  • Use all prescribed medications. Your doctor may prescribe pills or medicine that you apply directly to your skin to manage your rosacea.
  • Identify your rosacea triggers. Keep a diary and record what you were doing or eating when you experience an outbreak of rosacea. Identifying your triggers, and avoiding them, can help prevent flare-ups.
Stick with your treatment plan and you can keep rosacea in check. One survey found that 87% of people who have this chronic skin condition were able to keep it under good control by following a regular treatment plan.

Continue Learning about Rosacea

What Aggravates Rosacea?
What Aggravates Rosacea?
What Cosmetics Are Best for People with Rosacea?
How Is Rosacea Treated?
How Is Rosacea Treated?
Which Sunscreen Is Best for People with Rosacea?