What kind of clothing is recommended for people with rosacea?

The most comfortable clothing for people with rosacea is made with soft fibers such as cotton, silk, or synthetic fabrics that are unlikely to cause itching, irritation, or allergic reactions. In the winter, dressing in layers can help people with rosacea stay warm without becoming overheated, because you can remove layers as your body temperature rises. Soft cotton fleece scarves and hats can also protect against winter cold and winds without causing irritation. In summer, lightweight, loose-fitting clothing is best. It allows air to circulate around the body to prevent overheating, but also protects the skin against sun exposure. Step up your sun protection even more by wearing a wide-brimmed hat when outdoors.

Continue Learning about Rosacea

How is rosacea related to digestive health?
Cybele Fishman, MDCybele Fishman, MD
It was recently discovered that when certain types of intestinal disorders were treated, rosacea sym...
Should I speak to my doctor about my erythematotelangiectatic rosacea?
If you believe that you have erythematotelangiectatic rosacea, you should speak with your doctor...
How Is Rosacea Treated?
How Is Rosacea Treated?
How Is Rosacea Related to Digestive Health?