Can using sunscreen help my rosacea?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD

It's always a good idea to wear sunscreen, but it can be especially helpful for people who suffer from rosacea. Exposure to sunlight is one of the most common triggers for rosacea. By wearing sunscreen, you can actually help prevent flare-ups. Certain topical medications that are used to treat rosacea have a tendency to make your skin more sensitive to sunlight as well, making it even more important to wear sunscreen and protect yourself from dangerous ultraviolet rays.

Continue Learning about Rosacea

Which eyeliner is best for people with rosacea?
As long as the pencil is soft and will not pull on skin, eyeliner should be safe for those with rosa...
What is steroid-induced rosacea?
Sometimes the use of topical steroid creams can result in symptoms that mimic rosacea. This condit...
How can I keep exercise from irritating my skin if I have rosacea?
YouBeautyYouBeauty
Leslie Baumann, MD, dermatologist and author, has a word of advice for women what she describes as “...
What Cosmetics Are Best for People with Rosacea?